Monday, September 6, 2010

Margarita's 70th.

I have been best friends with Lupe since day ONE. We were in freshman year of high school when we met.  And we immediately gravitated toward one another the minute our teacher called attendance in a class we took together. "Diaz, Guadalupe?", she called. "here!" I heard someone reply. I was like, whaaaaaaaa??? Then the teacher got to me. "Guitron, Guadalupe?" and as I raised my hand I saw Loop look at me in the same incredulous way. We obviously have a less than common name, so when we heard that there was another "Lupe" out in the world, we were totally baffled. Since then, it's safe to say it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Two peas in a pod, yet two totally different souls. And  like the old couple, Mr. and Mrs. Brooks from In Living Color, would say, "we STILL together". We've been through a lot together and we're family. Even when we don't see each other, it's one of those beautiful relationships that picks up right where we left off and she's still my BFF.

So, when Loop mentioned that she was throwing a surprise 70th birthday party for her mom, and hoped I could make it, it was a no brainer. I had to be there. And I had to take photos. It was not an obligation, it was an honor! A lot of work went into pulling off a successful surprise and it all turned out beautifully thanks to all the people involved. To see mom's face light up when all the guests, especially friends she hadn't seen in years, scream "SURPRISE" was the highlight of the night. Her mom is one of the sweetest, warmest, and most lovable women I know and I care for her like my own mom. So, a big  happy birthday goes to Margarita!

the party planners

and their minions...lol



and of course I gotta throw in a pic of me and Lupe :)