Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lencho's 99th birthday party

It was a beautiful day in the bay yesterday. We had a nice, warm, and sunny day. The perfect day for a party. This party in particular was really special because we were celebrating my grandfather's 99th birthday. My mom had been wanting to throw a party for him for the longest time, and she finally went through with it. She planned a great party in just a few weeks. There was mariachi and folkloric dancers and great food. All her hard work really paid off because we all had a great time and for a person that we all love soooooo much.

My grandfather, Lencho, as many of us call him is the BEST grandfather anyone could ask for. He's so beautiful inside and out, and he's really funny too. The love my family feels for this man is sort of indescribable. I won't go into details about how much I love my abuelito, because everyone in my family feels it too, so I'll just say that I had a great time seeing my everyone and I pray that we can celebrate 100!! :)



and special thank you to my hubby for taking a photo of me with my grandfather. It hadn't occurred to me to ask someone to take one, but he did it without even mentioning it. This photo sums up how I feel about my grandfather. When I'm around him I have to kiss him on the cheek at least every other minute. :)


he gives blessings to all of us every time we see him, so here's Ami giving HIM a blessing :)


the oldest member of our family with the newest :)


one of my favorites!