Thursday, May 19, 2011

Emma + Lily, Old Colma Train Station

I was really looking forward to yesterday's shoot. I was excited to try out a different camera, just to get the feel of it in my hands and I luuuurved it! I'm very grateful to my BFF, Lupe, for being my guinea pig. I had just a few hours to get used to the orientation of the buttons and figure out how to work the  camera before the shoot, and she (and the girls) patiently waited when I had to stop and figure things out.

Before the shoot began,  I got to the location and became a little worried. It's usually foggy in Colma/Daly City, and I was hoping for an overcast day. Hell, I was expecting it given that it had been raining just the day before. But, no such luck. It was super sunny and bright. Not my ideal for taking photos. Not to mention the wind and cold. I wasn't sure how this would go.

Of course, when the girls got there, they were raring to go. They could have cared less if it was cold or windy. They showed up in the most adorable (matching!) dresses, had on their pearls, hair rosettes and even brought along the cutest vintage suitcases for props. Much thanks to their Uncle Cheno for lending them to us ;) Boy did these two BRING IT!

Here are some of my favorites from the day:

:)



Miss Emma




and little Miss Lily, a bundle of laughs

I mean, come on!!

no direction, this is ALL her


same with this one!





 precious